Jannis Sid | May 1, 2018 | 0
Worldwide Light Painting Collaboration Video Project 2018 – Omnia Luce
Worldwide Light Painting Collaboration Project 2018 – Omnia Luce
The name they gave it is Omnia Luce which translates to Full of Light.
The idea is simple yet very effective. Create a collaboration stop-motion animation with 5 seconds clips from different people all over the world. Everyone is welcome to participate and the concept is pretty simple.
Have a look at the video they prepared to explain what and how to do this.
How to participate
Each participant will have a small 5-second clip with 3 dots moving in and out of the frame of your image. For the 5 seconds since the guys are gonna make the animation with 12 frames/sec you ‘ll need to shoot 60 individual frames, in which the 3 dots ( points of light ) will be slowly progressing from the right side of your frame to the left.
It is a simple idea that anyone can participate with any kind of camera or gear available. Let’s break it down into steps you need to do so its easier for beginners who want to join this.
what to do
- Put on some black cloths ( ninja outfit always helps… )
- Take your tripod and camera and a flashlight. It’s good to have some flashlights with different power ( dimmer, brighter etc) in case you need them to balance the ambient light
- Find a nice spot and set your frame. Tip: maybe in front of your city’s monument or some other recognisable point of interest can be a good place to do this.
- Do a couple of test shots to find the correct settings for each shot. Check that both the background and the flash directly to the camera is not burning the image. The guys start they shooting with the settings F13, and 15 sec exposure with ISO 100. You can start with something similar and adjust as needed.
- Start with 5-6 frames just of the background. Then start to bring the 3 dots into the frame.
- Make small moves. The optimal would be to sort of measure the distance you have to do to be in and out of the frame, and then divided to 50. then each photo you move one of those 50 small steps
- When you are done you can check it in your camera by scrolling fast.
When you are happy with your images then go to the registration form. You can find it and all the rest of the details on the LPWA Event site here.
When you register you will receive an email with a link to a google drive folder where you can upload your images.
The deadline for participation is 16 July 2018 the final result will be presented in September.
Welcome to join!!